Skip to main content

The Search For Metal Stamping Blanks


2017, I've been wanting to try metal stamping but found that it was too expensive and I didn't have the budget for everything I needed. Christmas time came and I thought to put them on my wishlist, and my siblings chipped in to complete my list. So lucky to be the youngest ❤

So I finally bought everything though I found that my choice of font was too whimsical. The stamping set I really wanted was too expensive, almost double the price of the one I got. There was one set that was inexpensive, but was out of stock, so I thought okay, I'll get the hang of this first, make money off of it then buy another set.

What I didn't consider though was the stamping blanks. The ones from the seller were too pricey since she orders from abroad, so when I was computing the selling price became too expensive that I just had to look for another supplier for the stamping blanks if I wanted to sell them at a reasonable price.

I found one on Shopee and my first transaction went smoothly. The blanks were nice and easy to work with. I was soon running low and orders were coming in so I purchased again. This time though it didn't go as smoothly. I used to pay upon checkout for my online purchases but after this incident I've opted for COD instead.

You see, it took them more than 2 months to deliver and because they lost the delivery form, none of us could follow up with the courier service. They became unresponsive and wouldn't even answer my calls. At first I was understanding and very tolerant because this is now a loss on their part, since the 1st package was lost they needed to replace that, but it got to a point where I just had enough of the excuses and indifference. Not only was I constrained to cancel all the orders on my side, I didn't get to fully enjoy our family vacation because I was worried the courier might deliver while we were out of town, only to find out that contrary to what they earlier said, the (2nd) package hasn't been picked up by courier yet. The seller did have a disclaimer on their page that say this is just something they do on the side because they have regular jobs. But c'mon, you take people's money, you take responsibility.

After I received the blanks I thought we were good, because we even messaged each other to say our thank you's. But a few months later I had inquiries on one of their blanks and messaged them and I never got a response. I thought maybe they weren't operating but I would see new reviews and it was apparent they've dropped me as a client. So off I went to search for a new supplier.

To date, I'd say theirs is still the best since they have cuff blanks. Last December 2019, I was able to order from one of my go-to stores in Quiapo. Quality though is not as nice and options are limited, they only have rectangular (image below) and round pendant. There's another seller on Shopee but the ones I need are always out of stock. If you know of any inexpensive, reliable supplier, let me know, comment or message me.


Side note: I was able to buy a regular stamping set for cheap because I asked the seller if she had any on hand, she said she did but they were rusting. I asked if she was willing to sell, and she was. I received it and found the rusting wasn't really problematic, I thought the rust might be eating away at the metal but it wasn't, rust comes off easily when wiped. I realized sometimes all you need to do is ask 😉

Stamping Materials:
diycrafts.ph

Metal Blanks:
Chain Beads and Components



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bead Bangle

You may be wondering why I would give away this pattern for free when I can sell it. Well,  I'm really not so good with giving (and taking) written instructions. So to be fair, I only sell patterns that I can give accurate instructions on.  I rely mostly on pictures, I find them easier to follow. So hopefully the images I included helps too if my written instructions become too confusing. I had to use a dark background so the threads would show.  1.       Start with the basic netting technique. String in 147 pieces of seed beads. Pass the thread through the 6th bead from the last. 2.      String 5 beads then pass through the sixth bead from the previous row, repeat to the end. 3.      Leave 6 beads at the tail. String 8 beads then pass thread through fourth bead from previous row. Repeat until you have a total of 9 rows. 4.      String 8 beads then pass the thread through the 6th bead and then pass it through the row you've just finished to ensure the bangle i

Start Off With These Chinese & Taiwanese Dramas

Even before Kdramas, I was already so into Hong Kong movies that I remember writing all the movies I’ve seen on a notebook, which I’ve since lost. Jackie Chan & Jet Li movies were faves, but Star Movies Chinese introduced me to so many others. After watching Gen-X Cops, I fell in love with the gorgeous actors and I’d see anything with Stephen Fung, Nicolas Tse, and Daniel Wu that was on, even ones without subtitles! Oh and also Takeshi Kaneshiro! But at some point, I couldn’t access Star Movies Chinese anymore. I don’t remember exactly if they became unavailable in our country or you had to pay extra for that channel. Whatever it was, it ended my love affair with Hong Kong Movies. Which is okay in a way, since I got too busy with life anyway. And then  Meteor Garden  happened. They showed it on a local channel and was Filipino dubbed. After that blew up, local channels started showing dubbed Taiwanese dramas. But it wasn’t easy to follow the series since it was on at around 4 in th

The Can Of Worms

With all the things that have been happening lately, it's not unusual to feel anxious and/or depressed. Self-care reminders abound on social media for a reason- more people have become self-aware and are being honest about the state of their mental and emotional health. When I was younger this was something people don't talk about much, I still tiptoe on the topic when discussing with family and friends. You weren't depressed, you were just sad. Truly, our generation and those before us were left to sink or swim, and sadly I've had friends who've sunk and I almost did too. To be honest, there are still times I feel like sinking but I've come up with things to get me out of that mindset whenever it creeps on me. I've listed things that work for me but these are like band aid solutions and not real solutions to treat depression. If you think you need help, please visit the link for a list of helplines to call for free: https://www.therapyroute.com/article/suic